Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas is Family

They say that: “The best Christmas of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another.” After all these years, I still feel homesick every Christmas because I'm away from my “natural” family. But I do have my “acquired” family here at Don Bosco. Both students and teachers are so enthusiastic preparing for this day’s celebration. I do believe that even if they are not Christians, they have earned the spirit of Christmas in their hearts – that of loving and sharing… and most of all that of family.

Christmas is when You left your family “up there” and was born to your family “down here.” By doing so You did not lose your family but rather You gained another… nay more, You got the latter family to join the former. Thus You made Christmas one big family reunion.