Sunday, October 07, 2012

Relay Rover from INEX



Also in Bangkok, I managed to find the INEX office in Bangkapee with excruciating difficulty though it was kind of near the Salesian Provincial House. INEX is a Singaporean company with distributors in various countries.  When I asked INEX Bangkok if I could buy a robot from them, they showed me all they had. But when I asked if I could order from the Philippines, they informed me that Genetics Computer Institute distributes INEX from there.

Being quite expensive but well built and quality focused, I chose the least expensive one. It's a relay rover. This one is not autonomous as you can see from the wire in the picture. However this is a good exercise robot for Elementary kids to practice and hone their skills. They can even build it themselves. It also comes with a gripper. This makes it function in a way all those other autonomous ones could but with no freedom from its master (the one who controls the switch).