Saturday, July 20, 2002

Air Vietnam's Tech Glitch


I'm headed back to the Philippines for my vacation - my first time via Vietnam. The plane was a 50 seater turbo propelled one.

On to the runway when... POP! Plane slows down instead of taking off... and reaches right just at the end of the runway and stops.
A voice announces: "We are experiencing some technical difficulties. Passengers will please go down the plane and the bus will take you back to the airport."
Must be just a little glitch, I thought. But not for long when I saw two fire trucks hurrying towards us. Out of the plane I saw its two burst tires flaming!
It must have been a "simple technical difficulty" for them because it blocked the airport from incoming flights for the next four hours.
Anyway I managed to reach Vietnam just before midnight.

Life does have some glitches or technical difficulties. It's how you see them that makes you calm or panicky!