Saturday, March 03, 2007

ODL Conference


(click on the picture for more news details)
Just arrived from Manila. I attended the 3rd National Conference on Open and Distance Learning (23-24 February) where I was given the chance to be one of the student speakers to share my experience as a distance learner.

It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to address some 300 academicians from various universities in a plenary session. Previously I've presented papers at the Royal University of Phnom Penh but I was always at the parallel sessions. The other two student sharers with me were Alvin who happens to be a physically challenged student and Sharon who is a well-known TV-movie personality. We had diverse lifestyles, diverse systems of learning, diverse study modes and times, yet we had a common endeavor for academic excellence and the same dream of academic success for the next generation.