Thursday, November 22, 2012

Robotic Arm (gizduino)

Here's a sample of a robotic arm I assembled from parts provided by E-Gizmo.

For the microcontroller I used either the gizduino or aceduino boards that I had. And oh yes, you're going to need a servo controller too. So programming will have to be in serial.


For the arduino program code, e-Gizmo provided a sample code for the arm to pick and place an object, then an exhibition code. I merely tweaked a few lines of code to make the pick and place action fit my stand, and added subroutines to make the exhibition part look like a dance and wave act for the arm.

Of course, afterwards I sell the whole piece to the Robotics department of Fr Demet with no profit but just to get back my petty cash so I could venture to buy new parts for a new concept... well that's religious life. A pity R&D is not that supported in schools here. Can't complain... Non dum matura est...  no worry, that time will come. Just need some of us to do some prophetic roles in indirect evangelization.